One of the biggest concerns for television consumers is determining whether to purchase a Plasma or LCD flat screen television set. Various individuals may debate the value of performance of either a LCD or Plasma TV. Choosing between them really is a personal choice and you must find the best solution for yourself.
PLASMA TV: the TV screen contains multi-colored gas-filled cells by the millions. Whenever electricity courses through the cells, they are lit up to form a picture. Plasma TVs have a high resolution that leads to a sharp and clear picture.
LCD TV: these types of screens are fashioned by incorporating liquid crystals into a thin layer that is placed between two plates of glass. These various multicolored pixels light up forming a picture image when plugged into electricity. The screens of LCD TVs are more lightweight and slender when compared to the screens of the Plasma TVs.
PLASMA VS LCD
• Angles for viewing: Plasma TVs offer more advantages of comfortably viewing various angles.
• Screen life: Screen life refers to the number of hours a TV can operate before the picture begins to fade. Plasma TV has a screen life of 30,000 to 60,000 depending on the particular model and make. LCD TVs offer a screen life of 60,000 or more.
• Screen burns: This problem is highly prominent in Plasma TVs though LCD does not suffer form this issue.
• Picture quality: Although, LCD is evolving, Plasma TVs do offer you a sharper quality of picture with more details.
• Video games: Both Plasma and LCD are great for gaming but if you play a lot of games at a time then LCD would be better as it does not have the problem of “burn in.”
• Portability: Since the Plasma TVs carry more weight than an LCD TV, it will be easier to move a television around or mount it on the wall. LCD TVs are slender and lighter in weight.
• Power consumption: LCD televisions consume less power. Plasma televisions tend to heat up and then make use of cooling fans that can seem noisy at times.
• HDTV: Both display HD (High Definition) signals. But even then LCD TVs offer a higher resolution than Plasma.
• Motion tracking feature: Plasma TVs offer better motion tracking features than LCD TVs.
Hopefully the above gives you a better idea about the features being offered by Plasma TVs and LCD TVs. To find the best deal, it is advisable to compare the several Plasma and LCD TVs out on the market such as the Sony Plasma TV and choose one that offers the best image, suits your specific needs and fits your budget the best.
For home theater, both LCD and Plasma TVs serve as a viable option. So if you are looking for the perfect viewing solution, search for reviews on the internet that can help you make the best decision among the two. With prices going down and new products coming up offering with better technology every other day, both can serve as satisfactory purchases. So go ahead and hit the nearest store to make your buy. Happy shopping!